View object information in AD Users and Computers

     This is just one of those picayune features that you would think as being a default; but is not.  So, say you want to see information about a computer or user object within Active Directory; including stuff such as age of the object or last time it was modified/used.  Typically, you cannot see this information until you do one little thing; enable advanced features within MMC.  Basically, open the Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in within the Server Manager console or it's own window within an MMC console then do the following:

View --> Advanced Features

     I know it is easy once you have done it, but I (as many others, I suspect) always forget to turn that feature on in a new setup.  I'll try to look at the object details and the tab won't be there.  Why does Microsoft want to hide features from the Sysadmin; I can't tell.  However, this is a feature I use quite often so it would be nice for it to be a default :-)

Comments

Popular Posts